WGZ-RDR-01 - Rorke's Drift
Rorke’s Drift boxed set
• Laser-cut wooden Hospital building with ‘teddy bear fur’ thatch.
• Laser-cut wooden Storehouse building with ‘teddy bear fur’ thatch.
• Resin Wagon Barricade
• Resin stone wall Kraal (4 x 6″ sections)
• Resin biscuit box barricades (2 x 6″ sections)
• Resin biscuit box/mealie-bag barricades (3 x 6″ sections)
• Resin mealie-bag barricades (3 x 6″ sections)
• 20 plastic multi-pose British Line Infantry
• 40 plastic multi-pose Married Zulus
• Metal mounted Zulu InDuna
• Metal Zulu in British jacket firing Martini-Henry rifle
• British characters: Lieutenant Chard (Royal Engineers), Lieutenant Bromhead, Colour Sergeant Bourne and Private Hook.
At the heart of the Rorke’s Drift set are the two main buildings – the storehouse and the hospital. These laser-cut wooden buildings have been designed and manufactured by our old pals at 4Ground. Each building is capped off with laser-cut ‘teddy bear fur’ which acts as thatch for the roof. The interior of each building is fully realised and even has wall sections that pop out to simulate firing positions broken down walls, etc. The roofs and upper floors lift out giving you total access to the building interiors. We’ve drawn on some of the most noted experts in the world in researching this set and what you have in the box is the definitive Rorke’s Drift!
Also included are several finely sculpted resin barricades. These are a mixture of biscuit boxes and mealie-bags and again we’ve drawn on eye-witness accounts and expert opinion to ensure we bring you an historically accurate rendition of the battlefield. A focal point of the defence were the barricaded wagons and we include this in the set also. The final resin components provide you with the stone wall Kraal.
Of course, you’ll need miniatures to fight over this amazing terrain and we include 20 of our brand new plastic multi-pose British Line Infantry and 40 of our new plastic multi-pose Married Zulu figures. The British are led by historical representations of the legendary Chard, Bromhead, Bourne and Hook whilst their Zulu counterparts are led by a mounted InDuna and there is also a metal Zulu wearing a looted British redcoat and firing a Martini-Henry rifle! The metal figures are all supplied by Empress Miniatures.
Return to: Anglo-Zulu War - Buildings